Saturday, December 13, 2008
Thanksgiving
Here are some pictures from our Thanksgiving with my family. We celebrated Thanksgiving twice, once with my immediate family and then again with my Dad's extended family and we celebrated an early Christmas on the day in between. I think I gained an extra five pounds to add to the baby weight I can't seem to lose:)
It was bittersweet. I am so thankful that my family, especially my parents and Jodi are able to continue to celebrate and keep up family traditions. However, as anyone who has lost a loved one knows, sometimes the first (and probably subsequent) holidays its difficult to really feel like celebrating. We spent one evening just sharing memories of Chris. It's still really difficult for me to even articulate what I am feeling or what I see my family going through right now; but I am thankful for what we still have. I was just thinking this evening that Chris never met Oliver and that made me sad. I thought about what he would have said this Thanksgiving when he met Oliver for the first time: "So this is Oliver...hey there little fella or should I say big fella...good work Jason." (patting Jason on the back) We have so many good memories of Chris and it's fun to watch Dakota growing into such a sweet, funny little guy. (the first thing he did when he saw Ava was give her a big hug)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Thanks for sharing that. It's great that you guys took some time to share memories to keep him close to your hearts.
Esther - Sorry to hear it was a tough holiday. Ava and Oliver are lucky to have such healthy, smart family members. Losing an immediate family member hurts really badly for a long time and the it just aches sometimes. I don't think we ever stop missing them, but remembering them in positive ways like you guys are doing makes it easier.
Much Love,
Heather
Post a Comment