Here are just a few highlights from the past month.
Our friend Beth came to visit at the end of January. I realized a few hours before she left that I hadn't taken any pictures while she was here so I snapped a quick one with Oliver. The kids enjoyed playing with her, Jason enjoyed some company watching the Superbowl and Beth helped me start a throw quilt that I will hopefully be able to finish on my own. We enjoyed her visit very much.

The Cardinals lost the Superbowl and I'm to blame according to Jason. I changed Oliver out of his lucky jersey into his PJs at half time. Silly me, next year when the Cardinals are back in the Superbowl I'll let him wear the jersey to bed--what was I thinking?

Our Brother-in-law Darin's Birthday was on February 3rd. Happy belated Birthday Darin! I know you've been checking our blog daily for your Birthday wish:) I borrowed this picture from Shannon's blog because I like it better than the recent pictures I have of Darin putting batteries in a toy for Will at Christmas. (thanks Shannon)

Oliver now has two teeth and has been rocking back and forth on his hands and knees. He is very frustrated by not being able to move forward, but gets where he wants to go by rolling and scooting on his rear end.


Here are a couple of pictures of Ava doing one of her favorite things; playing school. She often invites Oliver and I up to her room for "Circle Time." We learn about all sorts of things from the difference between clean and dirty clothes to friendship. She literally works with whatever is available--and yes, dirty clothes are readily available at our house. Here is a conversation from her lesson on friendship:
Ava: "Okay kids, today we are going to learn about friendship.
(Oliver reaches over to Curious George who is sitting next to him and puts George's head in his mouth.)
Ava: OLIVER! Don't bite Curious George, he's a friend!!
I guess it's a good thing Oliver and I joined class that day, looks like a lesson on friendship was needed. We are often asked to leave when Oliver doesn't follow the Circle Time Rules. If you look in the background of the picture, you will see Woody in the "Thinking Chair." He and Cookie Monster visit the time out chair most often. Ava's favorite blanket "Bubby Mack" has never been in the Thinking Chair. Teacher's Pet?


Here finally a few pictures from Valentine's Day...


6 comments:
Darin loved the picture you chose. Much better than the battery one I am sure. I really liked the blog entry today. I laughed out loud several times. Ava is adorable. I love hearing stories about her. Oliver is getting so big and cuter and cuter. Wish we could be near by to experience "circle time" with you. Have a great week. We love you guys.
That Circle Time don't bite cookie monster statement by Ava was too cute! Great pics, always love staying up to date on your awesome family.
I love that Ava is teaching you and Oliver so much about school! She might be a preschool teacher one day! I vote being an aide over a teacher- a lot easier and you still get good presents at Christmas!
Your kids are absolutely precious...I love the stories you tell about them! I wish we were closer so that Jack could participate in circle time. I think he could use some lessons in friendship-ha ha.
I love how even Bubby Mack is part of Circle Time. He must be quite a character.
And the doll needs some clothes, Ava. I mean, seriously. That's not appropriate for Circle Time. Dolls need to follow dress code if they are to glean anything from your instruction (less distractions).
Poor Oliver. He will get a will soon, and Ava and Oliver will soon have to compromise if they want to play together. Like when I wanted to play "house" growing up, my brother and I compromised: he was Luke Skywalker and I was Princess Leia. Those were the terms and conditions for getting to play "house." But until Oliver gets his will, he has to put up with this.... :)
Oliver is getting sooo big!! He totally reminds me of Kason at that age!! Too bad you guys don't live closer so Ava could put my boys in time out!! LOL!!
Post a Comment