Monday, February 9, 2009

Please Pray

One of our family friend's son and his wife lost their 11 month old daughter, Cora, to liver cancer yesterday. Only 17 days past from the time they were given the diagnosis to her passing. Looking back at their blog, you see a happy, healthy beautiful baby celebrating Christmas with her family. Please pray for her parents as I know their hearts are broken and their arms are aching to hold their little girl again. Please pray with me that Joel and Jess will have the strength to go through these next days and months and even years. My heart aches for them--there's just no easy way to grieve.
I love these verses from Isaiah--they especially meant a lot to me after my brother Chris passed away. As God's children we are not promised immunity from difficulty; and we don't always know why God doesn't intervene in situations like this; but if we've chosen a relationship with Jesus Christ we are promised that he will walk through our heartbreaking times with us-- even when we question and falter.

"Fear not for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze....For I am the Lord your God. Since you are precious and honored in my sight, and because I love you." Isa 43:1-2 and 4a


Cora Paige

5 comments:

Susan said...

Thanks for sharing your heart and God's promises-we will pray.

Dave and Jill said...

I've been following along on their blog as well... and now just praying for their strength through the storm.

I bet Chris was one of her heavenly greeters when she arrived.

andrea said...

those verses are so good. thanks.

Jill said...

That is heart breaking. What a beautiful girl. Wonderful verses too Esther. I pray they will feel God walk with them always through this pain.

K said...

They are in our prayers for sure. Thanks for the great scriptures.