Sunday, July 5, 2009

Lots of Love

When Oliver was born last summer I wondered how much he and Ava would actually play together since they are almost three years apart. I have to say, I've been pleasantly surprised. I don't want to pretend that they play together in perfect harmony all of the time--we still have plenty of "Get Oliver out of my room!" and Oliver "yelling" at Ava and trying to bite her when she won't leave him alone. But generally speaking they get along really well. Ava always wants to be the first to go into Oliver's room when he wakes up in the morning or from a nap so she can dance her crazy dance and make him laugh hysterically. Oliver's face always lights up when he sees Ava and he wants so much to play what she is playing. As a Mom, it's fun to watch. I remember fighting with my brothers growing up, especially Dan, (we were also three years apart) and my Dad telling us: "Some day you'll be best friends." (He told us this while we were made to sit on the couch holding hands until we found a way to work things out--this usually only took seconds, it was a very effective way to solve siblings problems:) I have to say he was right, we are great friends today. If you think about it, your relationship with your siblings are typically the longest relationships that you have in life...And now I'm rambling.






1 comment:

Jen said...

They are so cute!