Friday, August 8, 2008

One Month Old!




I saw Oliver's first real smiles today...you know, the full face smiles that reach the eyes. Both times were just after he had finished eating and was resting on my arm. I tried to recapture these moments with a picture, but every time I put the big black camera in front of my face, Oliver gave me his perplexed look, wrinkling his forehead and raising an eyebrow. (he will probably get tired of all the pictures just like his sister) So much fun. It really is a miracle the way God created babies to illicit exactly what they need from their caregivers. At the time they most need eye contact and touch to stimulate their brain development, they start smiling at us and we can't help but hold them more and work really hard for another one of those toothless grins.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love the pictures. Both kiddos look like they have grown since we were there. They are so precious. Thanks, Esther, for posting them. We love you.

Dave and Jill said...

He is going to be so big by the time we see him! He looks so sweet.

amber said...

What a cutie! I still struggle to get good smiling pictures of the kids even though they're older. Jackson has developed quite the cheesy grin that always appears with the camera!