Thursday, May 15, 2008

Back in Texas...

We traveled back to Texas last weekend after Ava and I had spent two and a half weeks in Kansas with my family. We went for four days, and decided to stay one more week, and then another week. I am thankful for the time I had with my family and also for Jason's patience with my unwillingness to leave when we had planned...twice. Jason came down for the weekend in between to take us home and then we decided that I would stay an additional week because Jason would be gone the next week on a business trip. Ava missed her Daddy very much, but had lots of fun with Nonna and Grandpa and all of the animals on the farm. While I was with my parents, my Dad's firewall would not allow me to check my aol e-mail which seemed strange at the time. Upon returning home, it took me an average of three minutes to load an e-mail and I gave up trying to send one--so for all of you that I haven't written back I apologize, I may have saved you a virus.:) Jason ran some programs, so I should be able to catch up here soon...our inbox is crazy-full!

It's been good to be back home, but hard at the same time. Even with all of the reminders and memories of Chris at my parents and Jodi's homes, it was easier being there with them. I found this picture with a bunch that my Mom had given me several years ago when she was putting her family photo albums together. I'm the little girl and that would be Chris in the pink dress...my parents and Chris were very patient with my disappointment over not having a little sister. He even had another name, Elizabeth.

I have to laugh when I see this picture, because even in the dress, I think Chris looks very much a little boy...a very tolerant, easygoing little boy.:)

1 comment:

K said...

We are glad to hear that you guys are home safe and sound and that you were able to spend the time you needed to with your family.

I do have to comment on Blade of all people not letting you hop the barbed wire fence ..... I just don't think he wanted competition as far as nicknames go; however, you are still getting it, Barbed-wire Braithwaite. So, Blade & Barbed-wire be sure and keep in touch and let us know when you will be around BC so we can try and plan a trip around the same time.

Kev & Britney Jensen