On another note, one of the activities that we "put a pullup on for" was a surprise baby shower with my Bible Study ladies this morning. I thought we were just meeting for brunch, but turns out they had planned a shower. I have been so blessed by these ladies in every way this past year. I agreed to lead a Bible study group thinking that I would be leading ladies from my Real Life group. Instead I was placed with a group of women I did not know, most of whom had much more life experience and wisdom than I felt I had to offer. It was a little intimidating, but I felt a peace about staying with my group. The Lord knew I needed these ladies. I'm not sure they have learned much from me; but they have encouraged my walk with the Lord and because some are in a different season of life, they have put things like potty training into perspective. This group has also been providing us with three weeks of meals since we've been home. They have been so supportive of me and prayed for my family during this time...It was definitely worth a pullup.:) I have to add that our other friends from playgroup, church, Jason's work, MOPs, from college and growing up, have also been amazing. We are so blessed to have great friends.
Thursday, May 22, 2008
You Can Lead A Toddler To The Potty Chair, But You Can't Make Them...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
We have also learned with Grayson that you can't make a 3 year old take a nap AND you can't make a 3 year old eat. =) Good luck!!
A surprise shower- how fun! What nice friends!!! We will have fun potty training together the first week in June- I think we will need each other to make it through- we can also trade kids if we need to!
Ava and her cousin Lily can wear diapers until they are in Kindergarten? :) Lily is not cooperating at all and she has told me she will NEVER go potty in the big girl potty... I am sure she'll change her mind one day. :) I hope.
Thanks for the update! I'm glad I have some more time before I have to start training Reese! It's awesome to hear about the friends God has provided for you.
If Lily could work it out to put her Bopo and her pull ups in a back pack and go to school she would. She is still saying "Never" although she waivered a bit today saying "When I am 5!" when asked when she will use the big girl potty...I made sure 3 was a better target! :O At least you are not alone.
Post a Comment