My Little Farm Girl...
I'm very behind on many things right now...folding the last load from yesterday's laundry, painting the new baby's room, potty training my almost 3 year old, and the list goes on. I guess my blog is an accurate representation of my current status since these pictures are from late April and early May when I was visiting my parents.
One of my dirty little secrets is that I had beautiful Christmas cards made last year that never made it to the mailbox because I was going to write an equally beautiful Christmas letter that didn't get written. So for those of you who think you might have been booted off our family Christmas card list, rest assured that no one, not even family received Christmas cards last year. While I'm rambling, they call people like me "Failed Perfectionists" which means that if it cannot be perfectly done, it's not worth doing. (For those of you who know my daughter, this is not my parenting approach:) Basically it's just a therapeutically kind way of saying that I procrastinate. My friend Jennifer is laughing right now because she is convinced that I am not capable of posting a couple of pictures and writing a short blurb...it's called procrastinating from folding that last load of laundry.



4 comments:
Most days there are about 15 things I didn't get to or couldn't get to...I have just learned to embrace the idea that it's just not all gonna get done so I try to cut myself a little slack...You are doing great...don't worry about the potty training thing...just know that instead of months of accident after accident, Ava will probaby get it fast (once she decides to go potty in the big potty...:)) The pictures are so cute. Grandma's house looks like fun.
I'm with you with the folding the last batch of laundry thing - does it ever end really?! The pictures of Ava are adorable!!
I actually was laughing about that! You know me so well!
Esther~
I love all the pictures and comments you post. Some of the one's of Ava look like they should be in a magazine or something. So adorable! I hope everything is going well with all of you!
~Alisa
Post a Comment