Monday, May 19, 2008

Potty Training Take Two

Potty training went pretty well for almost three weeks until we traveled home for my brother's funeral in early April. Potty training was the very last thing on my mind and it was a little alarming how quickly Ava reverted back to wearing diapers full time. When we tried again, Ava occasionally went for Nonna or when her sweet tooth decided she needed a piece of candy... after all, there were starbursts at Grandma's house! So here we are again, only this time I'm not feeling very excited or motivated, so by posting my intentions to start maybe I'll feel a little more accountable to complete this joyous task of motherhood. Fortunately I have sweet, funny company to spend the week with in big girl panties. (She is currently serving me pretend food and thanking me for coming over to her house)
This is the outfit that Ava put on while I was getting ready this morning. She's already used the potty once and feeling "pretty" makes any task more manageable...maybe I should get a tutu and put my pajamas back on.

4 comments:

Dave and Jill said...

A tutu would definitely make housework more enjoyable!! Good luck - of course, I have no idea what it must be like to attempt pottytraining.

amber said...

Good luck! I'll be thinking of you! She does look very pretty in her outfit! Maybe you should use stawberries for potty training bribery!

The Jensen Family said...

I know what you are talking about girl!! Potty training is exhausting. Kason is finally potty trained. The thing that worked the best for us was having him where underwear instead of pullups, he hated the wet undies so he decided to use the potty - thank heavens! Good luck to you and Ava!!

The Jensen Family said...

Kason is potty trained now, but I remember feeling exactly how you do about the whole thing. The biggest thing that worked for us was having Kason wear underwear instead of pullups - he couldn't stand the wet feel so he started using the potty!! Good luck to you both!!