Saturday, May 10, 2008

Texas BlueBonnets



I've been looking forward to the bluebonnets blooming ever since last April when they were so beautiful. After last year, I decided that I would get a picture every year of Ava in a field of bluebonnets. Sadly, they weren't as full this year due to lack of rain. After scoping out my options for the perfect bluebonnet picture, I found one full and beautiful field fenced in by barbed wire...since my law-abiding husband refused to climb the fence and snap a few quick photos, we had to settle for pictures in a nearby park with fewer bluebonnets. Jason also refused to let his pregnant wife show him how to climb through instead of over a barbwire fence...I know I could have made it! (Jason would like to add in his defense that this field was along a major highway in our town...not that he needs a defense against his crazy wife's ideas) Anyway, here they are. I think they turned out pretty well thanks to a cute albeit very fast moving model.




Ava's favorite part of the photo shoot...playing in the sand and water

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! These pictures are beautiful. Ava is so cute. Send us copies on snapfish! Thanks for the update. We love you!

amber said...

I love these pictures! Ava is adorable and you got some great shots! Did you use photoshop to edit them?

andrea said...

Great pics, Esther! Ava is beautiful (if precocious) :). Glad you and Jason were able to settle for a legal bluebonnet field. Good idea to take one every year that way!

I am praying for you and yours daily.

Dave and Jill said...

So cute! If you do have them on snapfish, send us the link we'd like to print some out also!!

You're a great photographer.

That is really cute that Jason wouldn't let you climb through the fence. How sweet! :)

Jen said...

I love the pictures and her cute little dress. I bet you would have made it through the fence!!!