The day before I went in for my ultrasound to determine the sex of the baby, I asked Ava what she wanted to name her new sibling. Since we hadn't mentioned what we might name the baby to her, I was surprised when she had a name for both a boy and a girl. If the baby was a boy, Ava wanted to name him "Kurt." (Kurt is the father of Ava's "special" friend Joshua) If it was a girl baby she wanted to name her "Ava's Baby."
Very sweet...since then she has given us a few other options for her new baby brother including "Princess Dora" and "Candy Boy." Both strong masculine names that we will certainly take into consideration when naming our little boy.
It's been interesting to watch Ava's understanding of having a new baby evolve. Before Christmas, Jason mentioned to her on one occasion that Mommy had a baby in her tummy. We were only a couple of months pregnant and after this comment we decided not to mention the baby again to Ava until we were further along. A couple of weeks later we had our friends Tim and Dolores over for dinner. As Ava watched Tim change baby Timmy's diaper, she informed him that her Mommy had a baby in her tummy. Needless to say, Ava hadn't forgotten and was the first to tell our friends that we were expecting. Another time she informed us that Mommy had a baby in her tummy and so did Ava, along with macaroni and cheese and broccoli. When we asked her if Daddy had a baby in his tummy, she adamantly told us that he did not.
11 comments:
Thank you so much for doing this. I love being able to see my new baby and the big girl. Hearing her talk is the best. We love you!
YEA!! Welcome to the blogging world! We are very excited about your new addition. Kurt is a great namesake, although candyboy is pretty good too!
1 Vote for Candy Boy
Esther, all of the time and effort to come up with the perfect blog name obviously paid off!! I love it!! We are sooo excited you are having a boy! Someone new to roughhouse with our crazy boys (although Ava does do just fine on her own!!:))
We can't wait to meet Candy Boy! We are so excited for you!!!
Congratulations, Braithwaites! I'm so excited to hear that you're having a new baby, and it was hilarious to read Ava's name ideas and your comments on them! Also wonderful to hear that you're having a strong, healthy boy. I want to meet Ava and "Candy Boy" someday ... let me know if you make it out to Colorado, and I'll try to make it to TX sometime ...
Hey Esther! I am glad to see that you have a blog so Kevin and I can see your cute little Ava and of course hear all the news with the new little Candy Boy on the way! What a great way to stay updated with you guys! Ava is getting SO gorgeous - she must take after her mom!
Ava is soooo cute! I am glad you guys have a blog up now so we can keep in touch. Congrats on the baby in the belly too.
I love the pictures! She is so cute. I want one of the pictures with the giant smile and the cookies. What a doll!
Post a Comment