Thursday, March 6, 2008

Fire Station Visit

Another playgroup from this past month was visiting the fire station. Unfortunately if asked about her trip to the fire station, all Ava will tell you is: "The fireman took off his clothes."(clarification: the fireman put on his fire protective suit to show the kids and then took it off) If anyone is still listening to her after this first shocking statement, she will go on to tell you that he had his pajamas on under his clothes...making our fire station visit seem a little more appropriate for a toddler playgroup outing.

Ava is currently all about the pajamas and has recently started fully dressing herself. (When it's most convenient for her and least convenient for Mom) Now that I think about it, Ava is usually wearing pajama's under whatever else she has on...maybe that's where this story came from.

On a side note... Dressing herself has not been one of those skills that we've encouraged simply because this past summer Ava was obsessed with taking off her pants during nap time and "changing" her own diaper. Usually I would find her with her pants back on and no diaper. Most days this wasn't a problem, except for the day that she had more than a wet diaper and used a blanket to wipe herself. I have to give her credit for a job well done, the blanket and the dirty diaper thrown out of the crib were the only signs that anything had occurred. (I wonder if I missed my potty training window?)

Here are some pictures of Ava's new dressing skills and from the fire station.










1 comment:

Britney said...

She's definitely got some awesome fashion sense! That is so funny! It looks like you guys had a lot of fun at the fire station. Hey! I want to go to the fire station where they take their clothes off, too! Sign me up for next time! ;)