
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
"Jesus loves Ava so very very much"
You have to love two year olds...they are capable of bringing out the range of emotions in you. This morning as I was blow drying my hair, (we're talking three minutes tops) Ava sent my cell phone for a swim in the flower vase. After getting in trouble for climbing on the table and having a talk about how flowers need water and cell phones break when they get wet; Ava turned on the charm. She started singing a song about Jesus that I did not recognize "Jesus is the Rock Rock Rock?" and then she said: "Jesus died on the cross." When I asked her why he died on the cross, she said: "Because he loves Ava so very very much...and he loves Mommy and Daddy and Sophia." (Sophia is a friend from Sunday School). I have to give Kudos to Jason and Ava's Sunday School teachers for this one, I haven't talked with Ava about the true meaning of Easter. Jason had explained the Easter story to Ava on their McDonald's run Easter morning for their Sunday Coke and juice box and she heard the story again in Sunday School. Of course Ava doesn't fully understand the story or the miracle of being raised from the dead, but she understands a very important piece of the Easter story: that Jesus loves us so very very much...even when we're naughty.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Such a cute story - Dave, of course, couldn't stop laughing at the cell phone in the flower vase. It definitely sounds like Ava knows when to turn on the charm - we really enjoy these humorous pictures and stories....that, I'm sure are only humorous well after the fact.
That is so precious! Glad you could treasure the moment in spite of a wet cell phone! It is amazing what they grasp at this age.
Post a Comment