Wednesday, March 19, 2008

My Knight in Shining Armor...

I am married to one of the most thoughtful and creative men! The bag below is a "Knight in Shining Armor Survival Kit" that he made for me before leaving on a trip for work this week. Jason has traveled even more than usual the past few weeks...four trips in four weeks, not that anyone is counting. I try to stay as positive about these trips as possible, but I have to admit my attitude has been less than stellar the past two weeks. I don't know if it's the pregnancy hormones, potty training a two year old who thinks she can take care of herself (she offered to drive the other day) or just the sheer number of trips. We will be so happy to see him tonight!

In my survival kit Jason put all different kinds of candy and a Starbucks gift card. (Now you know my coping mechanisms) He wrote sweet little notes on all of the candy. On the the 1000 Grand bar he wrote: "Doesn't even come close to what you should be paid for the wonderful job you are doing with Ava." On the Snickers bar he wrote: " For all the 'funny' things... the poop on the carpet, the re-creation of Niagara Falls in the Foyer, and the mountain of goldfish on the table...for all of the experiments with liquid that our little LoveBug attempts on a daily basis."
The poop on the carpet was from a recent potty training mishap, the recreation of Niagara Falls refers to a time Ava took advantage of me going downstairs to answer the phone and poured toilet water through our upstairs banister onto the tile below. The mountain of goldfish I have a picture for, the other two instances were not funny at the time and required immediate attention. (Ava was very proud of her "mountain.")

"Mommy, I made a mountain!"

I am just so thankful for Jason, even though his job requires him to travel, I couldn't ask him to be more involved or concerned with his family. When he is home, his first priority is spending time with Ava and myself. Even when he's gone we can count on him to check in on us several times a day via phone or text message...we are two very lucky girls! Well, I have to go, the "toddler dragon" just woke up from an altogether too short nap. (Smile)

4 comments:

Britney said...

What a cute idea! That is way thoughtful. That would be hard for me too if Kevin was gone all the time. You are a tough chick!

The Jensen Family said...

What a sweet guy, he needs to give TJ lessons!!:) Just think, in just a little bit there will be another man in the house to protect you when he is gone!!:)

amber said...

What a great guy! That is way too thoughtful!

Dave and Jill said...

Wow, I'm so impressed - very sweet idea...sounds like you needed a lot of those things. Dave thought the toilet water story was hilarious...we both agreed, only as an after story - definitely not funny at the time. :)